Are You Looking For a Home Air Purifier but Don’t Know What Actually LOOK FOR…?? Fortunately, You Are at The Right Place. Here is Everything You Should Know About Home Air Purifier Before You Buy It, Along With Our Best Suggested Air Purifiers.
What Are Air Purifiers…??
Air Purifier is a Device which filters the impurities present in the Air which are undesirable for Breathing.
Just Like water purifiers, the only difference between Air & Water Purifier is, Air Purifier Purifiers the Air & Water Purifier Purifies Water, that’s all.
What Air Purifiers Can Remove…??
- Plant Spores & Fungi.
- Dust & Dust Mites.
- Pet Dander & Hair.
- Moid Spoes.
- Toxins from Aerosol & Pesticides.
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC’s) found in Paints, Varnishes, Cleaning Products & in Building Materials.
- The smoke of Tobacco & Wood.
- The smell of Cigarette Smoke.
- Household Odor from Cooking, Pets & Chemical Cleaners.
Basic Working of Air Purifiers.
As There are Different Types of Air Purifiers and Their Working Also Varies According to Their Type but, What all of them basically do is, they suck the air surrounding them, run that air through their different filtration process, catches the tiny dust particles, smoke, odor (Some even kill the viruses & bacteria) and releases that filtered air into the open, That’s It…!!
What Are The Different Types of Air Purifier…??
- UV Air Purifiers.
- Ionic Air Purifiers.
- Carbon Filter Air Purifier.
- Ozone Air Purifiers.
- HEPA Air Purifiers.
Now, Let’s See One by One How Each of The Above Purifiers Has to Offer, Their Pros & Cons and Which One is Best for You…!!
1) UV Air Purifiers:-
The Main Catch of this type of Air Purifiers is that it uses ULTRAVIOLET RAYS (UV) as its main Weapon to kill the Bacteria & Viruses in the Surrounding Air.
Let me clear one thing, The UV Light used in this purifier does not affect the individuals around it because the UV Rays are closed inside of the purifier and we can’t even see it from the outside so No Worries.
1) It ProtectsYou From Breathing Unwanted Airborne Particles like Bacteria, Viruses, Mold & Animal Dander.
2) Efficient in Killing Viruses &Bacteria.
3) Gives Relief From unpleasant Odor, tears after cutting onions, pet odor, a smell from last Night’s Food everything is Covered.
4) Helps to reduce the number of times you need to Dust Off your house, as it collects the tiny dust particles from the air so they won’t end up sitting on your TV, Refrigerator, Table etc.
1) As this Purifier is mainly Designed for Killing Viruses & Bacteria, it’s not very Efficient in Catching the Dust Particles in the Air.
2) Some Cheaper Variants of these Purifiers Produce Ozone gas while working, Which is Dangerous for Health so Always Prefer Buying a Good Quality, High Variant of this Air Purifier.
2) Ionic Air Purifiers:-
This is an Another very High-end Purifier, which works on the Principle of Ionic Generation. What this Purifier basically does, it generates Negatively charged Ions and sends it into the Air. The Negatively Charged Ions gets Attached to the Positively Charged Dust Particles in the Air. After the Attachment, the Dust particles in the Air Gets Heavy enough so they cannot Suspend the Air and as a result, they fall on the ground. so, because they are very close to the ground it is easy to remove those Dust particles.
1) Very Effective in Removing the Dust particles in the Air.
2) Efficient in Removing Pollen, Molds, Cigarette Smoke, Soot and Household Odor.
3) Some Studies shows Health Benefits of Negative Ions on Skin & Mood.
4) Doesn’t has any Moving Parts.
1) Could Produce Ozone when Working on some setting.
2) Some Products with this Technology are very Expensive.
3) Carbon Filter Air Purifier:-
These Air Purifiers are very simple, comparatively cheap and free from producing any sort of gases. These Purifiers have Carbon filters also called “ACTIVATED CARBON’ Filters. What Activated Carbon means is that The Charcoal is Heated up to some Degrees for a specific tie to Increase its Absorption Capacity. This Activated Carbon is used in these filters.
The Carbon used in these Filters is in a granular form so that even a 1gram of Activated Carbon has a surface area of 500 m sq. so huge amounts of dust and pollen can be absorbed by these filters. This process of Carbon catching the dust and other impurities in the Air is called Adsorption.
1) Does not Produce Ozone or Ions during Working.
2) Silent Working.
3) Comparatively Cheap & Efficient in Trapping dust, pollen, odor & smoke.
4) Consumes Less Energy.
5) High Absorption Capacity.
1) More Effective when used with HEPA Filters.
2) Only traps the bacteria & viruses, don’t kill them.
3) Frequent Maintenance is Required.
4) Ozone Air Purifiers:-
These type of Air Purifiers simply throw Ozone Gas into the surrounding to remove odor, fungi, pollen, mold, smoke, viruses & bacteria. Make one thing Clear, These Ozone Air Purifiers are best when they used by Professionals and only on some particular situations like Removing mold occurred due to Flooding inside house etc. these are not generally used in a household on daily basis.
As Ozone is hazardous for health when inhaled in higher amounts We Don’t Recommend using these Purifiers at your home. We only mentioned Ozone Air Purifiers for Educational Purpose.
5) HEPA Air Purifiers:-
HEPA Air Filters are the most Versatile and Popular Air Filters Nowadays. As in back Mid-50s, US Atomic Commission Needed solution for small Radioactive Particles, They came up with the High-Efficiency Particulate Arresting (HEPA) Filters.
As they are very efficient in Catching Dust, Smoke, Pollen, and Various Impurities suspended into the Air Most of the Air Purifiers Use HEPA technology in Their Products.
Even UV Air Purifiers, Carbon Air Purifiers & Ionic Air Purifiers use HEPA Technology in their System so that more Effective Air Purification can be Achieved.
1) Captures 99.97% of Allergens, Pollen, Dust Mites & Pet Dander.
2) Does Not Produce ant Ozone or Ions while working.
3) Very Efficient in Working.
1) Has Moving Parts.
2) Could be Little Noisy.
3) Only Captures the Bacteria, Does not kill them like UV Air Purifiers.
4) If Not Used with combined UV Air Purifier, Mold could grow on HEPA filters.
How Do I Choose The Right Air Purifier For My Home…??
There are Several things to be considered before Buying an Air Purifier, but We have made a Simple Checklist for You so the Air Purifier Buying Journey would be Pleasant to you.
1) Size of the Room/House.
Above links will lead you to respective Sizes of the Air Purifiers on Amazon.com for Purchase.
- CADR:- Clean Air Delivery Rate shows the number of particles can be removed by the Air Purifier. It does not show the Power of the Air Purifier but the Capacity. Simple Rule of Thumb, More the CADR rating better the working of an Air Purifier.
- ACH:- (Air Changes Per Hour) It means The Number of times an Air Purifier Completely filters all the air in a given area within 1 hour.
Let’s say an Air Purifier has an ACH rating of 4, It means the Air Purifier is Capable of Filtering 4 Times all the Air in a given room in 1 hour. so every 15 min all the air in the room is completely filtered.
ACH shows exact Power of an Air Purifier and you should consider buying Air Purifiers with higher ACH Ratings.
3) Type of Filter & Technology Used.
4) Certification to be Kept in Mind.
AHAM (Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers) is a Certification Most of the Air Purifiers have. Some have Certification from China. It’s always better to have at least 1 Certification from the above so the Purifier may have the basic Standards required for hazard-free use of an appliance.
5) Noise Level.
It is very important to check the Noise Levels of Purifier because some Purifiers are Noisier Enough to Disturb your Good Night’s Sleep. Go for Noise Levels below 35 dB at max. Fan speed.
6) Cost of Replacing filters and electricity.
There are some Air Purifiers which Consume too much electricity and need frequent maintenance of Filters. Before buying check for the Energy Star Rating of the product and also check if the filters are washable or not, if not then check how frequent filters need to be changed.
7) Availability of filters & parts
This is very important to check before you buy any Air Purifiers. It is always best to look if the manufacturer sells the filter online so you don’t have to go anywhere and can have the filter at your doorsteps.
Remember, Every Air Purifier has their own Pros & Cons, Not a Single one is Perfect, So It’s Always the Best Idea to Pick Pros of Different Air Purifiers and Combine them Into 1.
Here Are Our Best Picks For You…..
1) UV Air Purifier Combined With HEPA Filter.
If You Just Have To Have a UV Air Purifier then Go with this Option.
2) Activated Carbon Purifier With HEPA Filter.
If You Don’t Want any Risk of Ozone Whatsoever, Then it’s The Best for You to Go with this Option.
After Reading the Whole Article, If You Still Have Any Questions Related to This Topic, Feel Free to Comment Them Below, We are More Than Happy to Help you Out……. Happy Breathing…!!!