Air Cleaning Plants… Cost us Nothing…but gives us the Very Essential thing we need for survival… “Clean Air” filled with Oxygen & Free from any Toxins.
Yet, We Don’t Take Advantage of them.
We have Prepared a Small List of Plants which are Most Effective in Removing Toxins from the Air & Still being Pet Safe. All of these plants can be found in the Study Conducted by NASA on Clean Air.
We have Removed the Plants Like,
1) Peace Lily.
2) Snake Plant.
3) Flamingo Lily.
4) Devil’s Ivy.
5) Chinese Evergreen.
As these Plants are also very Popular & Effective in removing toxins from the air, But These are Toxic to Pets when Ingested. If You don’t have pets or if you can make sure they don’t eat any part of the plant then, you should consider having them at your home.
Air purifying + Pet Safe Plants
1) Bamboo Palm:-
Chamaedorea Seifrizii is Native to Mexico and Central America. Most Potted Palms need direct sunlight but Bamboo Palm (Chamaedorea Seifrinzii) is an Exception to it & Grows in Low Light. It is very Well known for its Air Purifying Abilities.
Bamboo Palm Removes :-
1) Benzene – Found in Gasoline, Plastic, Fiber & in Glues.
2) Formaldehyde – Found in Clothing, Paints, Some Cosmetics.
3)Trichloroethylene – Found in Furniture Polish & in Household Surface Cleaners.
- Plant Care :-
1) It Likes to Stay Moist but, Don’t Overdo It.
2) Make Sure that Drain Holes are Not Clogged.
3) Cleaning The Plant Leaves with Soapy water will Protect them from Spider Mites.
2) Barberton Daisy:-
Native to Eastern Africa, This plant is very effective in cleaning the Indoor Air. It can sustain in wide Range of Temperatures, so no need to worry. This Plant also Looks beautiful than the other plants in this list. This Plant grows a Bright Colored Flower, which looks very refreshing and peaceful.
- Barberton Daisy Removes:-
1) Benzene – Contains in Furniture Wax, Lubricants & Various Plastic Stuff.
2) Formaldehyde – Found in Cigarette Smoke, Paper Towel & Air Fresheners.
3) Trichloroethylene – Home Sanitation Products, Insecticides used in Home.
- Plant Care:-
1) Well Drained Soil.
2) At least 2-4 Hours of Direct Sunlight.
3) Water the Plant When Top 1-2 Inches of Soil is Dry.
3) Boston Fern:-
Native to Tropical Regions throughout the World. It can reach up to 40-90 centimeters (16-35 inches) and in some extreme cases 1.5 meters (4 feet 11 Inches). This Plant was also mentioned in the Clean Air Study by NASA.
- Boston Fern Removes:-
1) Formaldehyde – Found in Cosmetics, Clothing, Rug & Upholstery and, in Surface Cleaners.
2) Xylene – Contains in Paint Related Products, Shoe Polish & Cleaners.
3) Toluene – Present in Stain Removers, Glues & Inks.
- Plant Care:-
1) Needs Cool Environment.
2) During Winter it Needs Misting on Its Surface to keep itself moist.
3) Make Sure the Soil is Damp.
4) Kimberly Queen Fern:-
This Fern is Originated in Australia but can be seen indoors worldwide. It’s Not as Popular as Boston Fern but it is Better Suited for Indoors. It’s not as Sensitive as Boston Fern towards humidity.
- Kimberly Queen Fern Removes:-
1) Formaldehyde – Found in Nail Polish, Nail Polish Remover & in Cigarette Smoke.
2) Xylene – Found in Wood office Work, Household Pesticides & in Floor Cleaners.
3) Toluene – Contains in Stain Removers, Paints, Glues & in Inks.
- Plant Care:-
1) Needs Indirect Light or Direct Morning Sunlight is Fine.
2) Allow 2-3 Inches of top Soil to Dry before Watering.
3) Hard Water Will Give White Marks on Leaves if Given.
5) Spider Plant:-
Native to Tropical and Southern Africa, It is one of the Plants which is very easy to grow Indoors, needing very Less Care. Spider Plant grows 60 cm high and has fleshy & Tuberous Roots.
- Spider Plant Removes:-
1) Formaldehyde – Found in Clothing, Paints & in some Cosmetics.
2) Xylene – Contains in Shoe Polish and Floor Cleaners (which are very common at home)
3) Toluene – Different Inks, Glues, Paints & Stain Removers Contain Toluene.
- Plant Care:-
1) Needs Indirect Sunlight.
2) Watering Needs in 1-2 Days.
3) Water the Plant after the top of soil dried enough.
If You Don’t have pets then you should check the Super Pack of Indoor Plants.
While There are So Many Benefits of Having These Plants Indoor but, While Selecting them We should Take our pet’s Wellbeing into Consideration. The above list is of Plants Which are PET SAFE so Go ahead and BUY THEM To Make your Home a Toxins Free Place.